The Junior Programmer is responsible for creating and modifying computer programs by converting project requirements into code and implementing company systems. He/ she is responsible in systems development and implementation.
- Systems Development
- Codes, updates, and maintains computer programs preferably to design and build advanced applications for the Android platform or Progressive Apps.
- Works with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Works with outside data sources and APIs and unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Works on bug fixing and improves application performance
- Continuously discovers, evaluates, and implements new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program
- Systems Implementation
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshoots malfunctions; calls for repairs; evaluates new equipment and techniques
- Provides support to end users during test runs and the implementation of new systems
- With a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer programming
- Must have knowledge of coding languages using Java
- With 1-2 years of Programming experience in Android Applications or Progressive App Programming, and with at least one original Android app that has been published
- With experience in Android SDK, third-party libraries, and API, and working with remote data via REST and JSON
- With working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies, databases and operating systems
- Must be a critical thinker, team player, and excellent time management, and with strong command of programming language (Web and Android Programming)
- With ability to learn new software and technologies quickly, follow instructions and work in a team environment
- With knowledge in Algorithms and data structures, algorithm complexity analysis.